BMW CCA Club Race School Sponsored by:
2017 BimmerWorld BMW CCA Club Racing School, hosted by American Endurance Racing at Road Atlanta, Feb 9th and 10th, 2018. This is 2 days on the 12-turn world-famous racetrack, overlapping with the AER test/qualifying day on Friday the 10th. Graduation from the BimmerWorld BMW CCA Club Racing School will qualify a driver to join a team to participate in the AER endurance races that weekend (Feb 11th and 12th).
The BimmerWorld BMW CCA Club Racing School is open to advanced drivers who are looking to safely improve their driving skills and encounter new experiences that are required to operate at the next level. Successful completion of this school will qualify you to apply for your BMW CCA Club Racing License and is typically recognized by many additional sanctioning bodies (AER, PCA, NASA, SCCA, etc). Candidates for this school may be those who have been driving in the advanced student-run groups for several events (including driving solo), current instructors, and prior Club Race School participants and graduates. All candidates must submit a basic resume’ of their driving experience, including references, to Anthony Magagnoli before their registration will be accepted.
The BimmerWorld BMW CCA Club Racing School is highly structured and will be conducted in a non-contact environment. Limited to 30 participants, the school will feature an experienced team of racing drivers and professional instructors who are there to guide the students in taking the next step in their driving career. The entry fee of $650.00 includes a total of 8 classroom instruction sessions and 8 on-track sessions. This event is intended to assist experienced drivers in getting a taste of what racing is all about and qualify graduates to apply for their BMW CCA Club Racing license.
Your vehicle does not need to be a BMW, nor must it be a complete race car. Street and track cars with driving school level of safety preparation are accepted, but it is recommended that you utilize all the safety equipment that you and your car have at all times. You will be responsible to self-tech. We urge you to use a dedicated car for the BimmerWorld BMW CCA Club Race School rather than a car that will be raced in the AER event, however, this is not a requirement. The last session of the school will culminate early Friday afternoon, so drivers who intend to race in the AER races should be able to drive some laps towards the end of the AER qualifying session, but will be completely committed to the school up until that point.
Why Attend A Peachtree Chapter Driving School?
Driving Schools are one of the most exciting, entertaining, and educational events that you can participate in as a car enthusiast. They provide the student with the opportunity to operate his or her car at speed in a safe, controlled environment. The school will allow the student to experience, identify, and begin to master the art and science of car control and vehicle dynamics. In addition, you will discover that the event will be a venue for meeting new friends and having an enormous amount of fun.
So what makes a Peachtree Chapter Driving School different and so special? We believe that there are many reasons, but allow us to highlight some of the key features.
- We provide a lot of track time for students. Normally we operate a schedule that provides 4 sessions on track each day of the school. These sessions typically run about 25 minutes each. That’s more track time than many other schools offer.
- We provide personalized, in-car instruction from one of our highly experienced instructors. Our corps of instructors have been involved in high-performance driving and student instruction for many years and typically have gone through both driving skills training as well as specific instructor training involving teaching and communication skills. We are generally regarded as having the best instructor group in the field.
- We most often can pair you with an instructor that has specific experience in your car’s marque and type of vehicle. For example, if you have a front wheel drive car we can pair you with an instructor with front wheel drive experience. This is a very important advantage.
- Our instructors are at the event to help you. They are not preoccupied with racing or other activities during a Peachtree Chapter event. They are your instructor, that’s it. They have their own track time but that can be used to offer student rides so that you can gain an in-person perspective of “how it’s done”.
- We provide top-notch classroom instruction. We utilize a variety of classroom instructors so it does not become repetitive for returning students. All of these instructors are very experienced both in driving and in classroom teaching. Separate, interactive classroom sessions are held for each experience level group and provide a wealth of information that can be implemented on track with your in-car instructor. Plus we hold it in an air-conditioned classroom at Road Atlanta!!
The Peachtree Chapter has been offering Driving Schools for over 20 years and the feedback we receive from students and instructors tells us that we offer the best run, most student-focused schools available. The whole reason we do this is to provide you with the opportunity to LEARN HIGH-PERFORMANCE DRIVING, BE SAFE, and above all HAVE FUN!
Registration & Information:
- Registration (when open) and event specific information is available through MotorsportReg.com.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- New to High-Performance Driving? What to Expect? (Download Word Document)
Student registration opens a week early for Peachtree BMW CCA members. Be prepared to provide current active membership information and proof if necessary.