SIGN UP FOR BMW CCA HPDE DRIVING SCHOOLS
2018 HPDE Driving Schools
High-performance driving schools have been extremely popular with performance-oriented owners of all cars, but none more so than BMW drivers. BMW Car Club of America chapters have been hosting driving schools at road-course tracks around the country since the 1970s.
All levels of students are welcome, and our instructors will work with you to understand your wishes and abilities. Our driving schools are set up to meet everyone’s needs, and you will be instructed within your comfort level. We want everyone to enjoy the track, the friends, and the facility. Each driver will have an instructor in the car to coach you and help you learn the proper lines of the track. All participants also attend classroom sessions to reinforce what they are doing and learning in the car.
Safety is always the greatest of concerns at any driving school, and it’s always the focus of everything we do. We want everyone to enjoy the event and to take their cars home in the same condition as when they arrived. But we also want you to go home with an improved awareness of your skills and your car, and a lot of track stories to share.
Ryan Staub with Lockton Affinity Motorsports wrote an article on the subject of HPDE insurance. The article provides members with some education regarding insurance coverage while driving on the track and provides some details about Lockton Affinity’s insurance program.
The Peachtree Chapter has been offering Driving Schools for over 20 years and the feedback we receive from students and instructors tells us that we offer the best run, most student-focused schools available. The whole reason we do this is to provide you with the opportunity to LEARN HIGH-PERFORMANCE DRIVING, BE SAFE, and above all HAVE FUN!
Why Attend A Peachtree Chapter Driving School?
Driving Schools are one of the most exciting, entertaining, and educational events that you can participate in as a car enthusiast. They provide the student with the opportunity to operate his or her car at speed in a safe, controlled environment. The school will allow the student to experience, identify, and begin to master the art and science of car control and vehicle dynamics. In addition, you will discover that the event will be a venue for meeting new friends and having an enormous amount of fun.
So what makes a Peachtree Chapter Driving School different and so special? We believe that there are many reasons, but allow us to highlight some of the key features.
- We provide a lot of track time for students. Normally we operate a schedule that provides 4 sessions on track each day of the school. These sessions typically run about 25 minutes each. That’s more track time than many other schools offer.
- We provide personalized, in-car instruction from one of our highly experienced instructors. Our corps of instructors have been involved in high-performance driving and student instruction for many years and typically have gone through both driving skills training as well as specific instructor training involving teaching and communication skills. We are generally regarded as having the best instructor group in the field.
- We most often can pair you with an instructor that has specific experience in your car’s marque and type of vehicle. For example, if you have a front wheel drive car we can pair you with an instructor with front wheel drive experience. This is a very important advantage.
- Our instructors are at the event to help you. They are not preoccupied with racing or other activities during a Peachtree Chapter event. They are your instructor, that’s it. They have their own track time but that can be used to offer student rides so that you can gain an in-person perspective of “how it’s done”.
- We provide top-notch classroom instruction. We utilize a variety of classroom instructors so it does not become repetitive for returning students. All of these instructors are very experienced both in driving and in classroom teaching. Separate, interactive classroom sessions are held for each experience level group and provide a wealth of information that can be implemented on track with your in-car instructor. Plus we hold it in an air-conditioned classroom at Road Atlanta!!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Will I need a helmet, or can I share with someone?
Am I insured if something happens?
Fortunately, Lockton Affinity offers single-event HPDE insurance: http://locktonmotorsports.com/product/track-insurance/
Is this a race or a racing-style event?
Can I bring my convertible?
Do I need a four-point harness, or will the stock seat belts be adequate?
Are classroom sessions mandatory?
Does my car need to be specially prepared for a driving school?
No, your street car is fine — probably better, at first, than a fully prepared track car. Bring what you have, and enjoy the school! But keep in mind that you will be wearing your tires and brakes much harder than you would during normal daily use.